Question by andrea: When I hook up my wii to the internet, my computers internet doesnt work?
I have a router, which is hooked up to my boyfriends computer. We set up the internet on the wii, and the internet did work on it. Now though, whenever my boyfriend wants to use the internet on his compute,r he has to unplug the router from his cmoputer and then plug it back in and then it works. Does anybody else have problems with the internet working on both the wii and the computer? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Answer by silencetheevil8
Heres the steps (this is a common problem for manually assigned IP from providers like comcast)
1. Connect the game console and any other devices that will be using the internet to the router
2. Disconnect the modem from the router
3. Reset the router with the modem still detatched
4. Reset the modem and attach it to the router
5. Turn on all of the devices.
Give your answer to this question below!